- To download the pdf format of my resume, click here
- Iowa State University
- Ph.D., Computer Science, GPA: 3.67/4.0 Expected December 2024
- Addis Ababa Science and Technology University
- BSc, Software Engineering, GPA: 3.75/4.0 September 2014 - June 2018
- Graduated Magna cum laude
- Founded Innovation Club
- Laboratory for Software Engineering, Iowa State University
- Studied 5+ prior methodologies to improve auto-code completion tools to increase developers’ productivity.
- Investigate language models and software engineering techniques to improve incorrect protein functions annotations in large databases.
- Prepare insightful presentations by reading and analyzing top-tier conference papers.
- Collaborate with post-docs and other lab members on writing top-tier conference papers.
- Supervisor: Dr. Hridesh Rajan
- ML Library: TensorFlow, Pandas, Numpy
- Frameworks, OS: Spring boot, Django, Symphony, GitHub, Linux, Windows, MacOS
- Database Technology: MySQL, SQLite, MSSQL, Firebase
- Feb 2021 - Present: Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Teach 80+ students the basics of programming concepts, program debugging, and developing test cases.
- Worked as a head TA for Principles of Programming. Tasks include managing more than 3 teaching assistants, holding office hours, and communicating challenges with more than 80+ students.
- Aug 2019 to Nov 2019: Software Engineer
- Med-Innovation, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Duties included: Designed and Implemented CRM web application, using Spring boot and Vaadin, which is used for the marketing department and aimed to boost the company’s revenue by 20%
- Supervisor: Vittorio
- June 2017 to Aug 2017: Software Engineer Intern
- Kifiya Financial Technology, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Services and Award
- Received Travel grant from BlackInAI group to attend NeurIPS’22 November 2022
- Awarded a Google Cloud Research Credits program ($1000) June 2022
- Student Volunteer at SPLASH’21 Conference (Chicago, IL) November 2021
- Founder at JawisAdvisory. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- I founded JawisAdvisory to guide students interested in pursuing graduate study. Mostly, the guidance is tailored for underrepresented groups, as I’m more familiar with the process and also a way of giving back to my community.
- Co-Founder at SmartMasa. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Achieved a leadership, business and technological skill while working on a precision farming project, which aims to improve productivity of smallholder farmers